It is our goal to combine the best ear care professionals, latest technology and clinical evidence to provide safe, simple and effective ear wax removal.
This is why our Clearwax Endoscopic Clinical Ear Care Training Course offers the below qualified medical and healthcare professionals with the relevant ear experience the opportunity to be trained and accredited in performing endoscopic ear wax removal, including E-suction®, using our specially developed wireless iCLEARscope® video oto-endoscope and revolutionary WAXscope® video otoscope: –
- Audiological Scientist
- Hearing Aid Dispenser
- Hearing Care Assistant
- General Practitioner (GP)
- Physician Associate
- ENT Specialist
- Nurse or Advanced Paramedic who have relevant ear experience and training (e.g. already performing routine otoscopic examinations as part of their current role and/or are able to prescribe medication for the ear)
Next Clearwax Ear Care Course TBCVenue: Leicester, England (UK)
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Endoscopic ear wax removal using the iCLEARscope® offers many benefits over alternative and more traditional methods such as ear syringing and ear irrigation. In addition, the removal of ear wax visualised through an endoscope was found to be significantly quicker, more comfortable and easier to perform compared to under an operating ENT microscope typically used for Microsuction when the two were compared in a clinical study¹.
Some of the other benefits of endoscopic ear wax removal with the iCLEARscope®, which has been CE-marked for ear wax removal, include:
- Wide and magnified high definition (HD) view of the entire ear canal and eardrum
- Easy to learn with appropriate training
- Safe to perform (e.g. otoscopy brace)
- Greater freedom of operation with ENT micro-instruments
- Clinical video documentation
- Low start-up costs
However, some specialists can find it difficult to use and operate an endoscope in the absence of a specula. Therefore, Clearwax have also designed and developed the WAXscope®. The WAXscope® incorporates a speculum attached to help stabilise, dilate and straighten the ear canal in order to visualise and remove ear wax. Although it does not provide the same field of view as an endoscope, the view is comparable to an ENT microscope in terms of magnification, clarity and focus with regards to removing ear wax.
Unlike an ENT microscope, however, that utilises binocular and stereoscopic vision in order to provide depth perception, both the iCLEARscope® and WAXscope® provide a 2D image, and therefore depth perception is achieved via various monocular vision cues. These include motion parallax, depth of motion, relative size, texture gradient, lighting and shadows etc., and what enables ENT surgeons to perform endoscopic ear surgery without binocular cues.
TRAINING & ACCREDITATION (IN PREPARATION FOR OUR TRAINING RELAUNCH, WE ARE CURRENTLY REVIEWING AND CONSIDERING OUR ACCREDITATION)
Currently, our Clearwax Ear Care Training Course, which is performed by Mr Neel Raithatha (Consultant Audiologist), is composed of several hours of online theoretical training, including a Multiple Choice Questionnaire (MCQ), followed by a full one-day practical training involving both manikin- and real-ears.
The key objectives and learning outcomes of the course, which is designed for suitably qualified medical and healthcare professions with prerequisite ear training, qualifications and experience, are:
- Better understand ear anatomy and pathology with regards to clinical ear care
- Learn about the different types of ear wax and which ENT micro-instrument(s) are best suited to remove each type
- Be aware of contraindications, infection control and the consent procedure
- Learn how to operate our specially developed iCLEARscope® and WAXscope® devices
- Be confident and safe in the ear wax removal technique and procedure using one or both devices
- Understand what steps to take (and not take) in difficult cases
- Be aware of any otological abnormalities that require further management and referral
- Understand the importance of appropriate clinical documentation
Successful delegates will be awarded with certification in performing ear wax removal and the opportunity to register themselves on to the Clearwax website (see more below).
The wireless iCLEARscope® video oto-endoscope has been specifically developed and manufactured by Clearwax for the intended purpose of ear wax removal (CE-marked). It can also be used in daily clinic to perform video oto-endoscopy instead of a video otoscope offering many clinical advantages to both ear professionals and their clients.
Some of the other key unique features of the iCLEARscope® are:
- Optimal working length and diameter for ear examination and ear wax removal
- Optical rod lens system specifically developed and designed for ear wax removal
- Truly autoclavable endoscope made up of high-quality German components and manufactured in UK
- Medical CE marked portable LED (5W) light source with custom heat grip that provides natural white light (approx 5700K) and ultra bright illumination (>120,000 Lx)
- Stylish and portable custom foam fitted aluminium carrier case
WEBSITE REGISTRATION & SUBSCRIPTION
Successful delegates can register on to the Clearwax website granting private access to our online shop where we offer great savings and discounts on everyday ENT consumables required for ear wax removal. In addition, successful delegates can add themselves on to our ‘Find a Specialist’ online directory. This allows members of the public to find and view specialist profiles near to them before making direct contact to arrange a private ear wax removal appointment.
Barry Fenton’s insurance have confirmed they will amend any current policies to include ‘endoscopic ear wax removal’ at no additional premium.